If you were asked to give one of your past relationships a second chance, would you say yes? Second chances are, most of the time, something that many of us welcome with open arms. However, when it comes to giving love another try, we have a hard time deciding. This is especially true when we’ve been hurt so much in the past during the relationship.
Is It A Good Idea To Give Your Past Love A Second Chance?
Commonly, when faced with this kind of situation, our brains and our hearts have totally different opinions. To help you decide whether giving your past love another try is a good idea, here’s a list of pros and cons:
- You are both already familiar with each other. The adjustment period that you’re going to go through won’t be as tasking compared to the adjustment period in a new relationship.
- Both of you have likely seen each other’s worst side. You and your partner don’t have to place your best foot forward. You just have to invest your energy in making the relationship work.
- That special connection you had could still be present. We all have past loves that we still care about. If you feel the same way about your former partner, then that care could easily grow into something deeper and more meaningful.
- Old habits die hard. It’s true that you may already be familiar with each other’s habits but there will always be that possibility that your former partner’s bad habits are still present.
- You are less secure with each other. Most likely, you will be reminded of the reason why you broke up in the first place. If it did not work the first time, you might ask yourself why would it work the second time around.
Could love be sweeter the second time around? Only you can decide if a second chance is forth giving or not. It’s good to talk about your break up and your past relationship problems so both of you can move forward and decide to give it another try. Communication and openness are essential. For more relationship tips, see more posts on our blog.