Do you think it’s common to lie in dating profiles? Well, the latest research has confirmed the exact percentage of people who input one, two or three false details in their profiles. The aim is to make themselves look better in the online dating world than in real life.
Are You Part Of The Percentage Who Lie In Dating Profiles?
Based on a research, 62% of online daters lie in dating profiles. Here are some of their findings. The percentages were based on the total number of participants:
- 54% used fake photos
- 59% lied about their age
- 35% lied about their marital status
- 29% claimed a different job than the one they had in real life
- 23% were not truthful about their relationship expectations
- 16% lied about their place of work
- 14% were not truthful about their sexual habits
- 13% lied about their financial status
What’s more interesting is that the participants themselves were put off by fake data. One in five respondents said that fake photos were unacceptable. On the other hand, one in ten respondents were turned off by fake relationship expectations as well as inaccurate relationship statuses.